Saturday, November 12, 2005

Live and On Location

For this post, I am reporting to you live from the lobby of the Holiday Inn on the east side of Indianapolis.

Our new church, Oaklandon Baptist, graciously invited us to come over for this weekend, to join with them for their Thanksgiving gathering on Saturday evening, and for worship on Sunday morning.

There were about 40 in attendance, a pleasant-surprisingly large number. Kristy and I got the chance to meet many of the extended family and friends of church members. Red came in late: he and his friend came straight to the church from Notre Dame's blowout win over Navy, which had Red in good spirits.

Before the dinner, we got to spend a little time at the home of the current pastor, Bro. Smith, and his wife. Kristy enjoyed chatting as Mrs. Smith prepared mashed potatoes, and I kept Derek from breaking stuff as Bro. Smith and I talked.

I'm struck by the diversity of people in the area where God has called us. In my short time here, I've come across people from more different places in life than I could have expected. I pray that God allows us to be intentional about showing people from all these different life places what life together in the way of Christ can look like.

Kristy, as usual, has been amazing through today: the four-hour trip, feeding lunch to three kids in the car on the way, getting everyone ready for the dinner, interacting with the children and the ladies, all while being eight months along - and all with the grace and inner beauty of a soulmate who knows she is doing exactly what she was made to do. It's a thing of divine beauty, to be sure.

We're pretty stoked to be part of what God's doing in this stage of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home